Issued (Navy Seals of Little Creek #1)
Caleb Alman (@calebalman)
She needs a total life reboot… even if it means marrying a stranger
Taya Maverick has just volunteered to marry a random Navy SEAL as part of the military’s new spouse-matching program. What other choice does she have? Her former best friend killed her father and torched her house. Taya’s determined to start over, but to be safe she has to disappear. The program is the perfect opportunity, complete with refuge and a built-in bodyguard. Her Navy SEAL husband can keep her safe, right?
After one spectacularly disastrous marriage, Jim Stephens nixes round two. But his commanding officer never accepts no for an order. While an injury may have sidelined him temporarily, Jim still needs to salvage his career after a mistake in combat puts him in leadership’s cross-hairs. Being the first in the pilot program guarantees him his rank and eventual active duty clearance…as long as he can last the trial year.
The I dos are barely uttered before Jim and Taya realize they’ve each miscalculated. Their sizzling chemistry might lead to bed, but neither is prepared to open their heart. And then Taya’s past comes knocking...
- Promo for Textual Tension
- Introducing Caleb Alman, a self-proclaimed "Twitter gay"
- The increase of TikTok and Instagram content during the start of quarantine
- A brief discussion of Midnight Sun, a decade in the making
- The OTHER Caleb Alman (have you Googled yourself today?)
- Caleb's history (or lack thereof) with the romance genre (00:12:30)
- Introducing Issued by Paris Wynters (aka the best drag name ever)
- Creating your drag queen name: the last place you visited + favorite season
- Expect the second book in the Navy Seals of Little Creek series in September 2020
- The lack of queer representation in romance... ESPECIALLY in bookstores
- Inherent biases, both in romance and IRL - see "100 Humans" (00:20:29)
- Synopsis for Issued (00:23:44)
- A contemporary marriage of convenience and marriage contract? Hell yeah!
- The "slow burn" that defied Caleb's expectations
- We've got a couple of questions...
- Who doesn't know how to use a microwave? Girlfriend... (00:38:35)
- When will people just say what they're feeling? Can that exist in a book?
- An ode to ass-eating (00:44:52)
- A couple of "petty points" - hot chocolate and imaginary timelines
- The most cinematic combat scenes in romance
- Kelly mixes up IEDs with IUDs... and Caleb confuses IUDs with STIs
- A couple of steamy sexcerpts... just kidding, we both chose ass-eating (00:56:42)
- Heart, Humor, & Heat Ratings (00:59:20)
- The Ass-Eating Chronicles of Caleb & Kelly: To be continued?
Follow Boobies & Noobies on Twitter, Instagram, & Facebook @boobiespodcast and check out our blog, merch, and more on our brand new Boobies & Noobies website.
*Boobies & Noobies is part of the Frolic Podcast Network. You can find more outstanding podcasts to subscribe to at Frolic.media/podcasts*