Bestselling author, Jodi Ellen Malpas, joins Kelly to discuss her latest release, Artful Lies, the first book in the Hunt Legacy Duology. Other topics include Kelly and Jodi's shared passion for home goods, writing as an escape from reality, and the legacy of alpha-males Jodi has created in each of her books. Be sure to join us next week for our Book Club episode when we read and review Artful Lies!
Jodi Ellen Malpas
- Boobies & Noobies Book Club May Book Pick: Artful Lies by Jodi Ellen Malpas
- Coping during times of quarantine... when you have a houseful of boys
- Learning to slow down (it's difficult for some of us)
- Our shared love for Home Sense/Home Goods, interior decorating, and candles
- Jodi's writing and reading journey (00:09:29)
- Horror as a gateway to Paranormal Romance (Shoutouts to J.R. Ward and Lara Adrian)
- Growing up with "your mind somewhere else"
- Writing for yourself and personal escapism: This Man
- Jodi and I are angry about people telling us how to feel
- The complicated process of publishing (00:18:19)
- Jodi's favorite tropes to read and write (check out her office romance, Perfect Chaos)
- Introducing Artful Lies, Book #1 in the Hunt Legacy Duology (00:26:38)
- Shoutout to Bawdy Bookworms for introducing me to Jodi's work!
- The process of adapting your book for the screen (Check out The Protector on Amazon and Passionflix - This Man is coming up next...)
- An inside peek at Wicked Truths, the next book in the series - SPOILERS (00:41:15)
- Jodi's dream project... it's building up piece by piece, starting with the male character
- The challenge of creating distinctly different alpha males
- Writing yourself into your books
- Some advice for "noobie" writers & readers: be a little bit selfish
Follow Boobies & Noobies on Twitter, Instagram, & Facebook @boobiespodcast and check out our blog, merch, and more on our brand new Boobies & Noobies website.
*Boobies & Noobies is part of the Frolic Podcast Network. You can find more outstanding podcasts to subscribe to at Frolic.media/podcasts*