In this month's Steamy Spotlight episode, Kelly interviews author Martha Waters about her debut novel, To Have and To Hoax (on sale April 7th, 2020), her favorite book-spirations, and of course, how she's surviving the long days of quarantine.
- Surviving the Covid-19 Quarantine
- Writing/reading romance at this time - hardship or escape?
- Coming together through isolation
- Tips and tricks for surviving social-distancing (long Jane Austen-esque walks)
- A toast to "Future Martha" for reaching her deadline
- Martha's romance origin story: Georgette Heyer and Julia Quinn
- The Best of Regency Romance: Eloisa James, Tessa Dare, & Sarah MacLean
- A switch to the new "rom com" with The Hating Game by Sally Thorne
- Writing Children's and Young Adult (YA) vs. Writing Romance
- Separating your day job from your passion projects
- Martha's obsession with consumption, the "most romantic way to die"
- Anne of the Island Spoiler Alert!
- Introducing To Have and To Hoax (which began as a NaNoWriMo project)
- Morning bird or night owl?
- Setting a timer for writing ala Lauren Graham
- Recommended: Anything Lucy Parker (even non-romance readers will love)
- If you missed it, I read Act Like It by Lucy Parker on an episode of Too Stupid to Live
- Recommended: Kate Clayborn - fantastic real, dreamy book boyfriends
- To Have and To Hoax: Pride and Prejudice meets "First Wives Club"
- So much more than a debut novel
- A quick note on reviews... keep them positive or keep them to yourself
- A brief summary of To Have and To Hoax from Martha (it only took 35 minutes to get here)
- This one's for the Friends fans: "The One Where Everyone Finds Out"
- A sneak peek at Martha's next book, To Love and To Loathe, out in 2021
- Reimagining Friends in the Regency Era: "The One with the Regency Romance"
- Martha's inspirations: sitcoms, Regency romance, and screwball comedies
- What's up next for Martha? Lots of possibilities and ideas...
- Martha's take on why so many adults enjoy YA novels
- Advice to "noobies": read a subgenre that appeals to you!
- Kelly loves her military/Navy SEAL romances
- Who has the secret book of names for romance heroes?
- The beginning of a beautiful friendship :)
Follow Boobies & Noobies on Twitter, Instagram, & Facebook @boobiespodcast
*Boobies & Noobies is part of the Frolic Podcast Network. You can find more outstanding podcasts to subscribe to at Frolic.media/podcasts*