February 16, 2021
This episode is brought to you by The Duke Heist, the first installment in the Wild Wynchesters series by New York Times bestselling author, Erica Ridley.
*Stay tuned for a free sample (the first three chapters) of the audiobook for The Duke Heist at the end of this episode*
The Rogue to Ruin (Misadventures in Matchmaking #3)
The Bourne Matrimonial Agency has one rule: Never fall in love with a client, which shouldn't be a problem when one’s faking an engagement to the rogue across the street . . .
Ainsley Bourne needs the family business to succeed. But one obstacle stands in her way—Reed Sterling, the huge, handsome, former prize fighter and owner of the gaming hell across the street. His scandalous customers scare off all her marriage-minded patrons and since the devilish brute has no intention of relocating, she sets out to ruin his unsavory establishment. Yet when a vile suitor from her past reappears, Ainsley hastily claims an attachment to the first man who comes to mind . . . Mr. Sterling, to be exact.
Reed doesn’t know who is more surprised by Miss Bourne’s declaration. She clearly hates him, and he’d never admit their arguments simmer with unrequited attraction. Something about the pleading look in her eyes calls to Reed, and against his better judgment, he quickly plays the part of the besotted fiancé.
Pretending to be in love requires a convincing charade. But with each tantalizing touch and every scandalous kiss, Ainsley starts to wonder if Reed was ever really the enemy at all.
*Content Warnings* (Courtesy of b.andherbooks): Ainsley's former fiancée physically abused her, verbally abused her, and sexually assaulted her. He almost rapes her when she tried to break it off with him (all events are described and do not happen on the page). He does return and tries to catch her in the house, but she is able to hide from him and the cat attacks him. The cat is hurt in the attack and the reader and Ainsley and Reed do not know if the cat is dead or not for some time. I was worried y'all! The cat lives.
- Sponsored promo for The Duke Heist by Erica Ridley (00:00:05 - 00:02:30)
- Get ready for a bonus Steamy Spotlight interview...
- Welcoming Ariana, a not-so-noobie to the podcast
- Shoutout to Between the Covers Romance Book Club
- Playful pets in romance novels
- A few of Ariana's romance recs
- Introducing The Rogue to Ruin (00:13:50)
- Kelly and Ariana as "noobie" historical romance readers
- A brief synopsis for The Rogue to Ruin (00:16:37)
- Overall impression: a slow start, but surprisingly powerful
- A potential hand fetish? (00:21:09)
- Our hero: Reed Sterling
- Content Warning for the Book (00:26:15)
- Two survivors, one story!
- Bringing back the "prank wars" trope
- A couple petty notes...
- Update... Raven DOES have a book: My Kind of Earl
- A few steamy sexcerpts (00:49:35)
- Twist ending?
- Heart, Humor, & Heat Ratings (01:01:25)
- Please send us your hilarious historical romance recs!
- Our sincerest apologies for our ignorance surrounding historical romance
- Please enjoy a sample of the audiobook for The Duke Heist (01:08:16 - 01:59:58)
- The Sweetest Fix by Tessa Bailey
- Act Your Age, Eve Brown by Talia Hibbert (Coming Soon!)
Follow Boobies & Noobies on Twitter, Instagram, & Facebook @boobiespodcast and check out our blog, merch, and more on our brand new Boobies & Noobies website.
*Boobies & Noobies is part of the Frolic Podcast Network. You can find more outstanding podcasts to subscribe to at Frolic.media/podcasts*